Job Title: Food Services Manager
Status: Full-time position for the 2021-22 school year
Hours Needed: Monday through Friday, 7:30am-3:30pm
Prepared by/Date: JD Zubia / September 2021
Palmetto Christian Academy is seeking a Chef-Manager to lead the Food Service program at our school. Our Chef-Manager
will lead a staff of part-time and volunteer staff members in providing the highest level of service and food quality. The
preferred candidate will possess at least an Associates’ Degree or equivalent educational experience in one of the following
areas: food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary
arts, business, or a related field, as well as 3 years of previous experience working in a cafeteria setting.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Ensuring USDA regulations are followed
- Ensuring that all meals are correctly prepared and are within acceptable time limits; verifying that all meals meet
- Managing the ordering, receiving, storing, and inventory control of all perishable products following specific
procedures and standards
- Controlling waste and effectively managing cost and performance to budget.
- Maintaining a clean, healthy, and safe kitchen environment; establishing monthly food and labor cost goals;
conducting cost control analysis
- Following standardized recipes, writing menus, and monitoring product and menu costs
The candidate for this position must demonstrate a strong, personal relationship with Jesus
Christ, a passion for cooking, a love for children, and the ability to motivate a team to provide an
excellent school lunch program for over 600 K-12 students.
Candidates must be in agreement with the PCA Statement of Beliefs which can be found HERE.
If you believe you are qualified, we invite you to submit an online application at the link below.Please direct your questions or resume to Michelle Ravan, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizational StatusThis position reports to the PCA Headmaster.