Job Title: Communications Assistant
Reports to: Communications Director
Prepared By/Date: Janine Mikell/August 2022
Approved By/Date: Michelle Ravan/August 2022
The Communications Assistant will be responsible for assisting in visual design and application, including but not limited to print material, photography, and web. As part of a larger creative team helping with Production needs as well.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Graphic Designer on creative projects, bringing new and fresh design ideas to fruition.
- Develops visual design for designated requests and projects from our ministry leaders.
- Accomplish project assignments with excellence in a timely manner.
- Provide input in various phases of the design process.
- Able to help with weekly communications responsibilities such as folding bulletin, setting out signage, and sending emails.
- Serve the larger communications team needs by training to be a backup for some production roles such as lyrics and camera operation.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Affirm East Cooper Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent.
- Willing to become a member of East Cooper Baptist Church.
- 1 year of design experience
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Photography a plus
- Proficient with Google Suite (Drive, Docs, and Sheets)
- Administratively gifted
- Good communicator
- Works well on a team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Can juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Collaborative problem solver
- Good Time management
- High level of integrity and dependability
Communication - Demonstrated capacity to inspire, instruct, and encourage through effective communication in various settings. Able to communicate and work within a complex organizational structure with multiple layers of input.
Collaborative Leadership Skills - Collaborate across the organization and with various ministry partners. Possess solid understanding of each ministry team. Ability to integrate multiple perspectives and synthesize them into a cohesive plan.
Detail Oriented & Organizational Skills - Proven skills in organizing, prioritizing, implementing, and managing multiple projects at different stages simultaneously. Shows attention to detail with processes and systems. Solves problems with creativity and minimal input. Able to successfully develop new and better ways to work and promotes a continuous improvement mentality.
Digital Systems - Understanding of and experience with the operation of computer systems including MacOS, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google suite of products.
Design - Strong understanding and practice of using good design principles across many creative disciplines (graphic design, photography, UX/UI design, etc.).